Learn what makes a brushed DC motor, a brushed DC motor. You will also learn how to control them with an Arduino, 2n3904, and an h bridge. Understand how an H Bridge lets a brushed DC motor spin in two directions, without a negative voltage.
This is the first AddOhms Tutorial to make use of 3D Models. There were two different models used in this episode. In the beginning the simple DC model is from an Artist on GrabCAD, link below. (I had to edit the model a bit, but the core work was his.)
The rest of the video (with the brushes and commutator) were licensed from TurboSquid.
Links and Credits
- 3D Brushed DC Motor Model [grabcad.com]
- Wikipedia Article on Brushed DC Motors [wikipedia.com]
- Excellent written tutorial on magnets in motors [stefanv.com]
- Brushed DC Motor Basics Presentation [microchip.com]
- L293D Information [ti.com]